Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Palate Cleanser #123




Cerinthe major


This palate cleanser is a total shout-out to the Nymph.


"Yada yada yada... cerinthe blue. Yada yada yada."


"But... wait a minute. Cerinthes are purple, mom."


"The color is called cerinthe blue."


"Well, now that's just plain dumb because cerinthes are purple."


"But the color is called blue."


"Yeah, I get that. But it's purple."

"Remember the color blue violet in the Crayola 64 box?"

"Yeah, mom and I remember the color violet blue, too, okay? Cerinthes are purple and I'm calling the color cerinthe purple."


"Well that's fine. Except for the fact it's cerinthe blue."


"Can you just show me the damn cerinthe already?"




© Bright Nepenthe, 2010

2 comments:

  1. But how do I know if we're actually seeing the same color when we look at cerinthe blue???? I don't, because I can never look through your eyeballs and process the sight with your brain!! I can never know if we're seeing the same thing! Mutual understanding is an illusion! Aiieeee!!!!!

    *ahem*

    Where were we, then?

    Edited to add: my captcha was "fluori," which is like a bastard child of "flower" and "fiori." Cool. Also, kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In truth, a lot of things called "blue" in gardens are purple. It's a sad fact of life. Just like when I was all excited to see my first blue chicken (Araucana) and it was freaking GRAY.

    ReplyDelete