Thursday, August 12, 2010

Palate Cleanser #81


Simply magical...



AUGUST 12, 2010

Fireflies

Photograph by Rachel Blaser (for National Geographic)
This Month in Photo of the Day: Photos From the 2009 International Photo Contest
"I was spending the Fourth of July back in Nebraska, in the farmhouse where I grew up, and there were more fireflies that summer than I'd ever seen. I went out to the dirt road behind the house and shot this using a long exposure, just after sunset."—Rachel Blaser 






© Bright Nepenthe, 2010

3 comments:

  1. I am not embarrassed at all to announce that when I saw the image before the description, I literally cried out loud, "OMGFAIRIES!" (Pronounced, "oh-muh-guy-fay-reez!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be "guh." "Oh muh guh," not "guy."

    Also, my captcha was "horcave," which leads me to believe that the captcha robot has recently watched the end of HBP and the scene with the horcrux cave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh out loud both times, CN. And I could really use the laugh, so thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete