Friday, July 2, 2010

Hurricane Creek Keeper's Video & Blog

John Wathan, Hurricane Creek Keeper was on Olbermann the other day. His blog can be found at 



His videos are very moving. This video details the oil "burn boxes" and shows footage of many, many dolphins, birds and a sperm whale.



© John Wathan, 2010
(please attribute if you repost this)

From hccreekkeeper: 

"This was the most emotionally disturbing video I have ever done!
A flight over the BP Slick Source where I saw at least 100 Dolphins in the oil, some dying. I also photographed a Sperm Whale covered in oil all around it's blow hole.
Please spread this around the world. Send me any links to places it gets posted so I can follow.
I want to piss off the world. Who will answer for these gentle creatures?"


© text only, unless attributed, Bright Nepenthe, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Most welcome. Thanks to you for all your work to document and spread the word about what is really going on there in the Gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an absolutely heartbreaking situation. I just don't have words to describe it. Thank you for your documentary.

    ReplyDelete