Monday, July 5, 2010

Uppity Women #6

(Image credit: Attribution Unknown, 
image appears on Harper Collins website.)






Welcome to Dr. Maria New's worst nightmare. Well educated, well written, well traveled, sexually liberated, married three times but only one child, liked men, liked women (and I mean that in the sexual sense), anthropoligist Margaret Mead was incredibly outspoken and said:

❦  Every time we liberate a woman, we liberate a man.  

❦  Instead of needing lots of children, we need high-quality children.

And the best reason one can find for blogging:

❦  Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Can you feel the androgen exposure? I so totally can....


© Bright Nepenthe, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Margaret Mead has always been one of my heroes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too, Jen. Such a compelling figure in the area of human and women's, rights. Her effect on acceptance of broader sexual mores and cultural differences has been so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am going to use her comment in reply to all those who question me on my decision to only have one child.

    ReplyDelete